Wednesday

Water Baby

With Kayden growing so fast, our sink baths will soon be at an end, so I thought I would capture a couple bath moments this week. He's always been a fan of splashing around and playing with his bath toys, which I am grateful for. I know a lot of moms I've talked to have toddlers who loathe bath time, so I did a little research and found out a few things...Usually toddlers develop a fear of bath time because they've gotten soap in their eyes recently or water up their nose - some type of unpleasant experience. Other toddlers connect bath time with bedtime - "If I take a bath, I have to go to bed - if I DON'T take a bath, I DON'T have to go to bed!" Aren't our kids the smartest?


From reading through babycenter.com, parents are saying to take a bath WITH your child - especially if they're afraid. Other parents have found bringing in toys that are up to date with your child's interests. If your child is digging letters, bring in some of those foam letters to stick on the shower walls. If your child likes coloring, bring in some bath crayons. Parents usually get a "you're taking a bath weather you like it or not!" attitude, which is only going to create a traumatic experience for your baby (and frustrate you even more). Put in a little effort to make bathtime enjoyable for your little one and the phase will end soon... hopefully...

No comments: