Thursday

My first attempt at textures

I feel like this is a grade school craft project... my first attempt at textures. I've done every tutorial on this website at least twice and have learned so much about photoshop from them. Even if I don't like an effect, I'll do it anyway just so I can learn about the tools they use and apply it to my own effect later. Several days ago, I sent them an e-mail suggesting they talk about textures. I have no clue how photographers do the "texture thing" and wanted to find out. So today, when I went to their website, they had a tutorial explaining a little bit about textures! :) I started looking online and found a couple to play around with and this is what happened: I'm not so sure about the second one... I think I liked it better before. But the other four, I really like. I'm sure Jesh DeRox would laugh and shake his head saying, "you have so much to learn." And he'd be totally right. So I'll continue with textures on my own until I can take one of his workshops. :)

*note: I've never met Jesh De Rox, so I have no idea if he would laugh at me or not...I assume he's very nice so I'm sure he wouldn't ... probably.

No comments: