Saturday

How To Make Larger Blogger Photos

I've gotten some readers interested in how to make your pictures on blogger bigger. I tried to find a good link online already and couldn't find any instruction... so I'm making my own!

I totally don't know if this is the best way or the only way to do this, but this is what I do, so hopefully it'll work for you. I am actually and html dummy.

Start by opening an account with photobucket. You can upload your photos there and the website converts them to html code for you. I usually make my photos 5X7 before uploading them to photobucket. I have no clue if that makes a difference, but I think it might.
Then get to a fresh, new blank post and click on the "edit html" tab at the top (next to the compose tab)
Switch back over to photobucket with the image you want to use. Under the image, copy the "HTML CODE" and paste it in your blogger new post box.
click back to "compose" and see what you've done!


Thats it!!

So you go from this:

To this:

Go ahead and experiment with larger ones than 5X7

Ok, so now the pictures won't fit in your margins...

My template is the "minima" one... if yours is different, I don't know if this will help... I hope it will though!

Start at your Dashboard

Click on "layout" or manage layout...

Up at the top, click on "edit html"

Click the box that says "expand widget templates"... pause and let the widgets expand...(can someone fill me in on what a widget is? It sounds like fun)

In the big box of text, scroll down to the part that looks like this:

/* Outer-Wrapper

------------------------------------------------------*/

In that little paragraph below, find the "width" and make the pixles bigger... I have mine set to 910 - which makes way for my photos and also the page elements on the right side - and gives the Babyhood color some room on both sides. just make sure you leave the px; after the number, so it should be something like :

width: 910px;

Then save template at the bottom and you're done!!!

let me know if this post was helpful to you - thanks for reading!

1 comment:

they keep me laughing said...

this did help. thank you. the only problem i have is that i don't know how to write on my blog with the picture. the picture takes up the entire posting box and there isn't any room to type anything. i don't know if this makes any sense or not, but i would appreciate any help you might have. thank you