Sunday

A joust, Mother Goose, and an Elephant ride, All in one day!!

The Renaissance Festival comes to Arizona annually in February and March. I used to go in high school but haven't been in years. I've actually been begging Eric each year (this being the FOURTH year) to take me and this year, he finally did. We began with Mother Goose.
Then we found the sweetest little petting zoo. I bought feed but Kayden wasn't interested. He'd reach out to touch a sheep and then pull his hand back at the last second. One of them finally nudged Kayden's hand with his nose.
He is a totally into animals and makes little animal noises when he sees them.
Ye Hatchery was quite cute as well. Kayden started making small squeeking noises when he saw these little chicks.
These guys looked completely happy and comfortable. The festival had put them with tons of shade and the weather was great today.
It really was a fantastic day - look at the cloudy blue sky - it was sunny with a really cool constant breeze. I also love this hanging baby basket. Maybe I'll make one when I have my next baby!
We turned the corner and saw an elephant! Kayden is best at identifying animals so I knew he's recognize this guy. He was so close and would point his trunk in peoples faces and they'd reach out and pet him. It was great being this close to one because at the zoo, their elephant is really far away. We had to take Kayden for a ride. He looked scared at first but then started laughing... when he got off, he had this look on his face like, "WHAT did I just do????"

We then went to the joust but didn't get any photos. Kayden was scared at all the noise and was crying pretty bad. So I held him and he eventually fell asleep. I actually had to stand up and go over to a corner with shade where I could watch and where it was 75% less noisy. I held him for the next half hour while the tournament was going on. Eric stayed in the stands with the rest of the audiance and got sunburned. After that, we left - but not before buying $20.00 worth of cinnamon almonds!! I think I'll have to wait another 4 years before Eric takes me back again. :)

No comments: