Saturday

24 Months

Photobucket

I have a two year old! In a year... I'll have a THREE year old... in three years, my son will be in kindergarden... and I can go on thinking this way until all of a sudden, I have a 25 year old.

Monday was actually Kayden's second birthday and to do something special, we took him swimming at Uncle Matt's. He loved it. He'd dip his face in the water. He'd kick kick kick kick. And he'd jump off the edge into our arms.

Eric and I had planned to see The Hulk movie after Kayden went to bed that night, but instead, my mother fell and broke her ankle as we were leaving. It goes without saying - this week has been hard. Really hard.

I have made some resolutions this week though. I talked to a friend who did a Raw Food Diet for two weeks and said she felt AMAZING afterward. Although a 100% raw food diet probably isn't likely for me, I have increased my raw fruit and veggie intake significantly and cut way back on soda and sugary drinks. I've also started finding the time to run daily. Besides feeling good physically, I actually feel a lot better mentally. The time I spend running gives me some much needed thinking time as well as time to listen to my ipod, which I never get to do. I choose the music, I choose the pace, I choose what road to take - it feels great.

I also want to start posting "one thing I learn" at every shoot. I'm still a newbie in photography but still think that I might figure out a little pearl of wisdom at each shoot and should share it. Regardless of if the reader says, "no duh" or "thats a great tip" I think it will help me. And I know photographers always try to give each other tips here and there, so I should start too!

Thats my week - thanks so much for reading!

xoxoxo

Denise

No comments: